The Pernod Ricard India (PRI) Foundation is working with TISS and the Collective Good Foundation (CGF) to create an academic-corporate fellowship programme for the transgender community. Transgender people can get the Transformation Fellowship from TISS CGF. As a result of the programme, trans people from underserved communities in India will be able to choose their own paths in the business world. Trans people between the ages of 18 and 25 can apply for the programme, and having a higher degree is not necessary. The candidates who make the cut will go through an online process, and then they will have group talks and personal interviews. On July 1, 2022, the first group of 20 fellows should start. Applications for the Fellowship programme, which lasts for one year, are now open and will close on April 30, 2022.
About the TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship for Transgenders
The Transformation Fellowship is a one-of-a-kind programme that helps young people who want to change their gender reach their professional goals. The Pernod Ricard India Foundation will pay for the one-year programme, which will give fellows the theoretical knowledge they need through 6 months of intensive classroom instruction and project work with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and Collective Good Foundation. After that, they will get 6 months of hands-on work experience through internships at well-known businesses and nonprofits. Even though there are programmes to help people understand transgender people, they still face many problems. So, PRIF came up with a plan to give them the right training and work experience to get them ready for jobs in management and higher positions on the corporate ladder. Each fellow will get a stipend of Rs 2.4 million and Rs 96,000 to cover travel and living expenses during the year.
Some of the best parts of the TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship for transgender people
- The Pernod Ricard India Foundation did it.
- Name of the Group
- Transgender people can get the Transformation Fellowship from TISS CGF.
- The programme will help trans people from areas that don’t get enough help.
- Benefits: The fellow will get a stipend of Rs 2.4 million and travel money of Rs 96 thousand.
- People who are trans and between the ages of 18 and 25
- Official Website: http://transformationfellowship.in/April 30, 2022
The goal of the TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship for transgender people
Transgender people from underserved communities in India will be able to choose their own career paths in the business world thanks to this programme. This fellowship programme will give them the training and experience they need to move up in the company and take on management and other higher-level jobs. There are two parts to the one-year fellowship programme. In the first phase, students will spend six months learning a lot in the classroom and working on projects with the help of TISS professors and mentors. This will improve their knowledge of business and their skills in the workplace.
Transgenders can get a lot out of the TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship.
Under the TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship for Transgenders, the following awards will be given to the fellows:
- Fellowship will be given a Certificate of Completion from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences for the “General Management Program.”
- Each fellow will get a total stipend of Rs. 3,36,000 for the length of the fellowship.
- Mentoring from the best people in the industry, from nonprofits, and from LGBTQI+ leaders.
Criteria for eligibility
For the applicant to be eligible for the fellowship, he or she must meet the following requirements:
- For the fellowship, the person should be between the ages of 18 and 25.
- The person applying must be able to take Intermediate Exams (10+2)
- Those who want to apply must be excited, interested, and eager to learn and grow.
- Important Dates
- The time to apply for the Transformation Fellowship will last until April 30, 2022.
You can find out more by going to their official websites.
- Getting a Feel for the Workplace
- Career Readiness: LGBTQI+ experts, business leaders, and non-profit organisations will help fellows with their mental and emotional health and their careers on an ongoing basis.
- Internships: Fellows will do internships with well-known businesses and non-profits to gain practical experience, a wide range of skills, and hands-on learning.
- Academic Learning: TISS teachers and mentors will teach fellows in the classroom and help them with projects in a variety of business areas, like operations, strategy, marketing, finance, social awareness, and workplace skills.
- Mentorship: The participants will work with TISS’s Incubation Centre, and the Review Committee will help them figure out their goals for the future and figure out how much mentoring they need.
How to Apply for a TISS CGF Transformation Fellowship for Transgender People
- Visit the Official Website of the Pernod Ricard Foundation first if you want to register online.
Website for Transformation Fellowship
- The homepage will come up on your screen, and to click on the Apply Now link, you’ll have to scroll down.
- Use now.
- Now, an application page will show up on your screen. This is where you’ll need to fill in your information, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Experience on the Job, Education, etc.,
- After you’ve filled in all the correct information, click the “Submit” button to send the application form.
How to get in touch
Pernod Ricard Foundation, Atelier, No. 10, Level 1, Worldmark 2, Aerocity, New Delhi-110037 Phone: (0124)- 2358001