The Smart India Hackathon is a nationwide programme that gives students a chance to work together to solve some of the most important problems we face every day. The goal is to foster a culture of product innovation and a problem-solving mindset. AICTE and MoE start the Smart India Hackathon 2023. The first four editions, SIH2017, SIH2018, SIH2019, and SIH2020, have done a great job of getting young people, especially engineering students from all over India, to think creatively and outside the box. In this article, we’ll talk about SIH 2023 details like who can apply, what the rewards are, how the winners are chosen, when the deadline is, how to apply, etc. So, people who want to apply are asked to read the article and find out more.
What is the 2023 Smart India Hackathon?
The 2023 hackathon will have statements about a wide range of topics, such as agriculture, foodtech, rural development, blockchain and cybersecurity, clean and green technology, fitness, sports, heritage, and culture, medtech/biotech/healthtech, miscellaneous, renewable/sustainable energy, robotics and drones, smart automation, smart vehicles, travel and tourism, transportation and logistics, disaster management, and smart education. The process includes central and state ministries, departments, PSUs, industries, and NGOs submitting problem statements, concerned committees reviewing the submitted problem statements and finalising them, and the publication of the finalised problem statements.
SIH 2023’s most important points
- Put on by AICTE or MoE
- Name of the award
- The Smart India Hackathon will be held in 2023.
- The goal is to give students a chance to solve some of the most important problems we face every day. Beneficiaries Who can take part? Students, Ministries and Public Sector Units, Private Organizations, and Institutes Students: http://www.sih.gov.in/ is the official website.
Soon, changes will be made to SPOC registration, team nomination, and idea submission.
What SIH 2023 aims to do
The main purpose of a Smart India Hackathon is to give students a chance to find solutions to some of the most important problems we face every day. The first four SIHs did a great job of getting young people, especially engineering students from all over India, to think outside the box and come up with new ideas. SIH is held once a year to give students a chance to solve problems brought up by ministries, public sector units, NGOs, and industries.
Smart India Hackathon 2023: Pros and Cons
The world’s largest software and hardware hackathon is the Smart India Hackathon. SIH can help with the following, among other things:
- To take advantage of students’ ideas and skills.
- Giving institute-level hackathons a boost.
- To help out with the huge Startup India campaign.
- Crowdsourcing solutions improve government and make life better for the people who live there.
- To give people a chance to come up with new ways to solve India’s hard problems.
Smart India Hackathon’s Most Important Parts
- Ingenious: Using the ideas and skills of students, professors, and visionaries
- Engaging—starting hackathons at the university level and giving people ideas
- Futuristic: Building a funnel for the “Start-up India” campaign
- Collaborating: Using information from the public to improve government and the quality of life
- Empowering means making it possible and giving people more chances to come up with creative solutions to India’s tough problems.
Eligibility Criteria for the Smart India Hackathon
Students from 6th to 12th grade or college students in their first or second year of college can take part in the Smart India Hackathon and show off their skills and ability to solve problems.
How to Choose Winners at the Smart India Hackathon
Problem statements from many ministries, NGOs, PSUs, and other industry leaders will be shared at the hackathon. After the problem statements are released, SPOC registration colleges and universities will hold an internal hackathon and choose candidates based on how well they did. Five teams and two teams on the waiting list from the internal hackathon will be chosen to move on to the next round. Out of these five teams, four can be chosen for blocked PSs and one can be chosen for the category of student innovation. Next, the team leaders of the chosen team will send in ideas for the final SIH 2023 evaluation against PSs by college SPOC. The solution that was sent in will be used to choose the winners.
Why you should join SIH
- Innovative Solutions – Find new ways to solve your problems that won’t break the bank. Chance to be a part of building the country. Chance to brand your company.
- Recognition and Visibility – Recognition and visibility for your company at the national level and in all of India’s top institutions.
- Out-of-the-Box Solutions – Young people with talent from all over the country offer solutions to your problems that aren’t what you’d expect.
- Chance for the Innovation Movement – Join the biggest Open Innovation Movement in the world and work with some of the best people in the country.
Themes for the Smart India Hackathon
- Smart automation: Ideas that focus on the smart use of resources to change and improve technology, using artificial intelligence to look into different sources and get useful information.
- Fitness & Sports: Ideas to make fitness activities more fun and help you stay fit.
- Heritage & Culture: These are ideas that show off India’s rich cultural history and traditions.
- MedTech, BioTech, and HealthTech: Cutting-edge technology is still in demand in these fields. Recent changes in healthcare trends and a growing population also offer a lot of chances to do things differently.
- Agriculture, FoodTech, and Rural Development: Creating solutions while keeping in mind the need to improve India’s main industry, agriculture, and to manage and process our crops.
- Smart Vehicles: Making smart devices to help the transportation industry.
- Transportation & Logistics: Send in your ideas to help the city deal with the growing strain on its resources, transportation networks, and logistics infrastructure.
- Robotics and Drones: India needs to come up with drones and robots that can help with things like medical emergencies, search-and-rescue missions, and so on.
- Clean and green technology: Problems could be fixed by sorting trash, getting rid of it, and making sanitation systems better.
- Tourism: A solution or idea that can improve the current state of the hotel, travel, and other tourism industries.
- Renewable/Sustainable Energy – New ideas that make it easier to manage and make energy from renewable/sustainable sources.
- Blockchain and Cybersecurity: Give ideas about a decentralised and distributed ledger technology used to store digital information. This technology is at the heart of cryptocurrencies and non-fiat currencies (NFTs) and has the power to completely change many different industries.
- Miscellaneous: Ideas for using technology in the hospitality, financial services, entertainment, and retail industries, among others.
- Smart education is a concept that explains how people learn in the digital age. It helps people learn more effectively, quickly, comfortably, and in a way that fits their needs.
- Disaster Management: Ideas about reducing risks, planning, and running things before, after, or during a disaster are part of disaster management.
Winners of the Smart India Hackathon
The people who will benefit from the Smart India Hackathon are those whose lives could be made better by it. Each of the following would be changed by SIH:
- Students: Compete against each other as a team, offer technical solutions to problems in the real world, and you could win up to Rs. 1,000,000 in prizes.
- Ministries and public service organisations (PSUs) can give problem statements to participants from all over the country, get the best solutions to those problems, and also have the chance to hire people who might work for them in the future.
- Private organisations can give problem statements to people from all over the country, get the best solutions to those problems, and also have the chance to hire people who might work for them in the future.
- Institutes – When students from the institute compete at a national hackathon with other competitors, it adds to the brand’s value.
How to Apply for the Smart India Hackathon in 2023
If you are a college student working toward your bachelor’s degree or master’s degree and want to sign up for SIH, you must first go to its official website.
Website for the Smart India Hackathon
When the home page comes up on your screen, click the “Registration for college students” link.
Getting Ready for College
- On the screen, you’ll see a page where you can sign up. On this page, you’ll need to fill in the following information:
- College code
- State Number District Name City Cell phone number
- SPOC permission letter Letter of permission from the college
- After you’ve filled in all the correct information, click the “Register” button to send the application form.
Note: Each piece of information should be checked by the college and school SPOC before it is sent in. Do check the mobile number and email address, as they will be used for all future communication and verification.
Signing up for Colleges
- You have to start by going to the SIH website.
- You have to click on the “SPOC Registration for Colleges” option on the home page screen.
- The screen will show a new page.
- Fill out the form with all the information it asks for.
- Before you send in the final version, check the details carefully.
- Now, click on “Register,” and you’ll be signed up successfully.
View SIH 2023 Problem Statement
- You have to start by going to the SIH website.
- The home page will show up on a screen, where you have to find the “Click here to view SIH 2023 Problem Statement” option.
- The screen will show a new page.
SIH Problem Statement
- Now, all the total statements about hardware and software are on this page.
- You can also choose the theme, category, and Organization by clicking on any of the options.
How to get in touch
Email: [email protected] Phone: +91 11 29581316.