Research Internship at IIT Jammu Vritika: The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu (IIT Jammu) is a public research university in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. In 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Department of Higher Education of the Government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
This was the first step toward making the university a reality. An IIT campus has been built in the small town of Jagti, which is in the Nagrota Tehsil of the Jammu district. Jammu is the winter capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir and the biggest city in the Jammu Division. Jammu is located at 32.73°N 74.87°E. It is on the banks of the Tawi river.  It is 327 m above sea level on average (1,073 ft). Jammu City is in the Shivalik hills, on uneven ridges of low heights.
About the Vritika Research Internship at IIT Jammu in 2023
The Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu is paying for Ph.D. students to do an internship called the IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship 2023. The chosen intern will be put to work on the “Numerical Investigation on the Behaviour of Geosynthetics-reinforced Embankment Under Dynamic Impact Force of Rockfall” VRITIKA event, which is being sponsored by SERB and Accelerate Vigyan.
Several prizes will be given to the intern who is chosen. Accelerate Vigyan, SERB, is looking for two interns to work on a project called “Numerical investigation on the behaviour of geosynthetics-reinforced embankment under dynamic impact force of rockfall” as part of the VRITIKA event “Numerical investigation on the behaviour of geosynthetics-reinforced embankment under dynamic impact force of rockfall.
” Students in the internship will learn how to use numerical modelling while looking into ways to stop landslides. The event will take place at IIT Jammu and will not be online. It will last for eight weeks.
The Best Parts of an Internship
- The name of the job
- Research Internship at IIT Jammu Vritika in 2023
- IIT Jammu has started it.
- Ph.D. students will have the chance to do an internship at IIT Jammu.
- certificate and get money to cover daily costs
- Criteria for eligibility
- Hold a B.E. or B.Tech. Official Website: http://apply.iitjammu.ac.in/#/home
The goal of the Vritika Research Internship at IIT Jammu
The IIT Jammu Research Internship 2023 is a chance for Ph.D. students to do an internship that is paid for by the Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu. The chosen intern will work on the “Numerical Investigation on the Behaviour of Geosynthetics-reinforced Embankment Under Dynamic Impact Force of Rockfall” VRITIKA event, which is being put on by SERB and Accelerate Vigyan.
Why a research internship is a good idea
The interns will get the following perks: –
- According to the rules of the funding agency, the internship will pay for things like stationery, food, housing, and other daily needs.
- The Training and Skill Internship will last for a total of eight weeks.
- As per GoI rules, the participating students will also be able to get TA reimbursement for their travel from their hometown or home institute to the host institute and back.
- After the interns have finished their work successfully, they will be given certificates.
Criteria for eligibility
- Hold a B.E./B.Tech. and M.E./M.Tech./M.S./M.S.(R) degree or other equivalent degrees in Geotechnical/ Geoenvironmental/ Rock Mechanics/ Tunnel Engineering or other related fields.
- Have at least a 7.0 CGPA or 70% in degrees that qualify
Desirable Qualification –
- Have a good academic record and work experience in the relevant fields
- Must have a strong background in and knowledge of any software based on finite elements.
- Have a valid GATE score in the right area of engineering
- Have papers published in well-known national or international conferences and journals
- copies of certificates that were scanned
- Authentication letter
The deadline for submitting the application form will soon be changed.
How to apply for a research internship at IIT Jammu Vritika in 2023
- First, people who want to apply for the IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship go to the website for the programme.
- The official website for the IIT Jammu Vritika Research Internship
- The homepage will show up on your screen, and you’ll need to click on the link that says “Contract Staff Login/Apply.”
- Staff Login
- If you are a new user, you must click on the link that says “Register.”
- On the registration page, type in your Email Address, Application, and Password, then click the Enter button.
- After that, the application form will pop up on your screen, and you’ll need to fill it out with your information. Applicants will be chosen based on their background and how well they do in the interview.
How to get in touch
Event organiser: Dr. Riya Bhowmik, Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, Department of Civil Engineering, P.O. Nagrota, Jagti, Jammu 181221; email: [email protected]